26 November 2005

The Popped Collar

Click here for AUDIO.

This is a new phenomenon that has come about within the past 5 years. The polo is a widely known style that can be worn in many ways and in many colors. There are two extreme thoughts on the topic of popped collars. There is the:
1) anti-popped collar personalities
2) highly approving popped collar personalities.


It is very rare that you will come across someone who thinks popped collars are "okay". Some may claim that people are "posers" if they wear a popped collar, or that maybe some may be trying to be cool, but I say that popped collars are merely a way of showing that you are care a little about your looks. Instead of just slipping on a shirt, with the popped collar you show that you took a few moments out of your life to style yourself in the morning.

There are more than one way to wear the popped collar. I am not saying that everyone can look good in a popped collar, but you have to have a certain type of attitude and a certain type of style.

17 Comments:

At 21:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone once told me
"When the colla pops, the panties drop"
Ever since, I never questioned popped collas.

 
At 22:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hell yea, go popped collars =P

 
At 22:40, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always used to pop my collars, but when I came here I felt sort of out of the place. A lot of people think that you're trying to be preppy or arrogant. I think that it looks better and it keeps you warmer ^_^. I'm glad I know other people agree with me!

 
At 22:42, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES!!! I'm going to start popping my collar hahaha :).

 
At 22:52, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can also wear two and pop both collars.

 
At 23:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pop collars look awkward.

 
At 00:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

layered popped collar?!? that's incredible

 
At 01:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sizzle*
damn that's hot.

 
At 13:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're actual people, and not some kind of parody? I mean actual MIT students? Jesus, I had no idea my fellow MIT types were interested in such banal, prep-school bullshit.

Mind you, I *should* have.

I guess I missed those parties.

 
At 14:26, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you think popped collars are a new thing, you must have missed the 80s... Oh, wait, if you're a current student, you probably did. Go watch some John Hughes movies.

*feels old*

 
At 04:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing wrong with "popped" collars. It's just a different way of wearing a shirt. It really doesn't have much to do with "prep school" or even the 80's. It is very European and dramatic, much less boring than the regular style.

 
At 13:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello
Very nice site.
niagara falls video video http://niagara-falls.obyh.info/ niagara falls online
Bye

 
At 18:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy collars that are down. I enjoy sneaking up to women from behind and flipping their shirt collar UP! What a pleasure that is...

 
At 09:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

popped collars are so cool i got to a prepp school and some of us including me pop 3!

 
At 22:40, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friends dont let friends pop their collars.

www.poppedcollarsarelame.com

 
At 01:11, Blogger Consists of... said...

This is the second time I have seen this in my life time and I'm not even thirty...damn.

 
At 07:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home