30 November 2005

Fashionable Accessories

Click here for AUDIO.



Most people think that fashionable accessories stop at cufflinks and tie bars. In keeping up with my previous post "Electronics as a fashion Statement", I would like to show how music can be fashionable. Music, however, is a very broad category, and I would like to condense that to musical instruments. Many people own hard shell cases for their instuments, which keep them protected but also hidden. I decided to show off my beautiful hollow body guitar and hang it up on the wall, along with some of my other instuments.

I have hung guitars in my room for the past couple years and every time I have met someone new, they have always complimented me on the guitars. Regardless of my musical abilities, I have gained respect as the guitar player. In this case, the look of the guitar is more important than the sound, but I am sure that for all other cases any musician would refuse that argument. Still, this guitar sounds just as amazing as it looks.

Who says that guitars can't be fashion? While many people would argue that fashion = clothes, I would argue what constitutes clothes? If I were to wear nothing but a guitar and jeans, would the guitar be considered clothing? It covers part of my body, looks nice, and just happens to be functional as well. Who says you can't look good while rocking out to some emo music?

15 Comments:

At 00:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is a brilliant post..and I LOVE Howie Day. You are a pretty good guitar player

 
At 00:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is that a new picture? when did you die your hair.

 
At 00:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dye, opps

 
At 00:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You dyed your hair!!! gasp!!
Sure...a guitar could possibly be considered an article of clothing. And secondly i didnt even know you played the guitar...but hey thats something new i learn about you

 
At 01:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

me: sorry
me: i don't think the guitar is considered clothing
jameel: well post that
me: it looks like you just wanted an excuse to post a picture of yourself shirtless
jameel: post that

comment whore

 
At 01:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no matter how good the guitar looks, dont you think that some element of function should be included in fashion? meaning you'd look pretty ridiculous walking down the street like that in the middle of december. i hope you get frostbite, jameel.

 
At 01:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do agree that a guitar can be considered fashion. Accessories such as jewelry are considered part of an outfit and contribute to the overall success or failure of an outfit. I think a guitar can be considered fashion when paired with a pair of jeans or other traditional clothing item just as a belt can. I would even argue that an Ipod is a fashion piece too.

 
At 05:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have to agree that a sweet guitar can be a very effective fashion device. Take Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones for example. Away from his guitar, he looks like a frail, tierd, perhaps worn out man, but once he gets on stage and slings one of his sweet guitars across his chest, he gains sex appeal - he appears youthful and full of energy. (When he starts playing, his youthfulness is undeniable.)

 
At 16:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look good.

 
At 14:08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks!

 
At 13:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

 
At 03:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like articles like this. Thanks!

 
At 00:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Nice site! Good resources here. I will bookmark!

 
At 06:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for article! Very interesting.

 
At 14:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you can write anything else about it? Great article!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home